Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tuesday: Ready to Roll!

Tuesday dawned, fresh as an athlete's armpit.

Undaunted, we braved the heat and unfathomable humidity
and drove from our hotel to the Marriott
a couple miles down the road to where convention activities were heating up.
Pretty swanky!
Early registration opened that morning and we made a beeline for it!

They weren't messing around.
You had to prove your identity before you could
receive your convention ID badge, which you had
to wear AT ALL TIMES to EVERY event
or they wouldn't let you in.
If you weren't physically present at each event,
you didn't get all the SWAG.
So yes, I was one of those convention nerds
who ran around for a week wearing
a barbie badge around her neck.
Luckily there were 799 other people doing the same thing.
Our convention tote bag was filled with goodies!
Normally I think themed tote bags are WAY LAME,
but this thing came in handy that I have to admit
I ended up carrying that thing everywhere.
The vintage pin that came with it was kind of cute.

And that's it! We were officially registered, checked in,
and READY TO DO THIS THING!
I think this giddy, 5-year-old ecstatic expression pretty much covers it!


1 comment:

  1. I love all of the handouts! I bet you were both like little girls as you received each one of them! ha

    ReplyDelete