Thursday, December 30, 2010

Fabulous Fashions

This doll is modeling an actual vintage fashion that I found
at a doll show a few months ago.
It is in pretty decent shape, considering it is close to 50 years old.
It did have a rip in the back, and a couple fraying ribbons on the front,
but I sewed it up and updated the look with a belt.
I got this leopard-print sheath for Christmas during a gift exchange:
This is a sheath in the Dressmaker Details collection,
made by Masterstroke Canada. They are famous for creating limited-edition,
high-quality, high-fashion clothes for dolls.
Check out the tiny zipper sewn into this fully-lined dress!!
Mattel doesn't make stuff like this.

2 comments:

  1. The blonde bombshell Barbie has the similar hairstyle to the Midge that I owned except mine has auburn hair. I remember always wrapping the flipped part of her hair around my fingers and combing it making it look fresh! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the zipper outfit! That is pretty high-tech!! Never saw that on any of the dolls I played with!

    ReplyDelete