Saturday, March 12, 2011

Boys in da House!

I never understood the point of Ken as a collectible doll.
Sure, the regular cheap Kens were much-needed
as Barbie's boyfriend/groom during my childhood years,
but I never saw the point in including Ken in my adult collection.

I mean, we are talking about a MAN doll here. Men's clothes? BORE-ING!!
And what was the point of that molded hair?
How are you supposed to get excited about that?!?
That's not to say Ken doesn't have a place in collectible gift sets,
(like this one Jeremy bought me several years ago)
but only alongside the fashion queen, Barbie.

Until.

They made a silkstone Ken and gave him real hair.
He's in a uniform, he's got a sword, he's got scruff,
he's got everything!
(and he looks like Jeremy.)


He's one of the Russian-inspired silkstones for 2011.
Okay, okay, I really only got him as arm candy
for Verushka, coming out next month.
I don't know if this means I am officially collecting Kens now,
but now there are TWO of them.

2 comments:

  1. ARM CANDY?!? Really? I am sure that Ken would be very disappointed that that is all he amounts to after 50 years of being Barbie's date & husband multiple times! haha He has been dragged to every event that could be dreamt of by all the Barbies in his lifetime, he has shamelessly been put out to the side pretty much every time because all of the other dolls want to check our her new outfit for the night(and he always has to wear the same one)! All I can say, Ken has had a very important responsibility and has received very little respect. . . (ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's funny that you never saw the point in even collenting ONE Ken. I thought you believe in equal oppurtinites.. .haha. That new Ken is AWESOME though!!! Im glad they are spicing him up too :)

    ReplyDelete